Dewatering of Stilling Basin
Project Name : Dewatering of Stilling Basin
Client : US Army Corp of Engineers
Location : Conchas Dam, NM
Project Description :
- Construct coffer dam to prevent back-flow during dewatering operations.
- Install bulkheads over sluicing conduits from Dam Crest Road at 90’ below lake surface.
- Dewater Approximately 7, 000,000 gallons from stilling basin.
- Maintenance pumping of 4,000 gpm during silt removal operations and repairs.
- Remove of 10 acre feet of silt from stilling basin and dispose.
- Engineer safety equipment and procedures for confined space gate repair in sluicing conduits.
- Sand blast gate components and repair with Belzona ceramic epoxy.
- Remove bulkheads and coffer dam.
- Reshape stilling basin and stabilize with seeding.